Monday, August 25, 2008

iPhone 3G not having reception issues, I don't believe it

Engadget is reporting that some enterprising Swedes with science degrees have put the iPhone 3G up against the Nokia N73 and Sony Ericcson P1, and the results are surprising. They say that the reception on the iPhone 3G is "just fine".

To quote the article:

...some industrious Swedes decided to apply a little scientific method to the argument and found something interesting: the iPhone 3G performed just as well (or just as poorly, depending upon your mood) as a Nokia N73 and Sony Ericsson P1 when compared head-to-head in a mobile communications test chamber. The test was conducted by real-life antenna engineers just like those camera-fumbling souls contracted by the FCC.
My take on this is simple. Either they have gotten a good test version that doesn't suffer from the Infineon chip problems, or the 3G network in Sweden has better coverage than ours here in the US.

I can tell you that my iPhone 3G reception problems have only gotten worse since the 2.0.2 firmware. I'm ready to return my iPhone through the window of the closest AT&T store.

0 comments: